Monday, September 21, 2015

Kirk Cousins looks to give Washington trains 'reason to play me'

Kirk Friends, after a season where he went in starter to third string, is trying to himself back in the quarterback picture during the offseason workouts with the Washington Redskins.

Griffin Survivor iPhone 5 Case

For now, the former Holland Christian yet Michigan State standout won't receive a chance to start. The job has been anointed to Robert Griffin technology survivor III, which will leaves him to battle with Colt McCoy for the backup role.

It is just a familiar threesome in Washington. Remaining season, Griffin opened as the beginning, Cousins took over when Griffin turned out injured in Game 2 yet Colt McCoy took over in Match 8 when Cousins floundered. Inside the closing weeks, Griffin came back, McCoy got injured and Cousins, which in turn never played again, finish since the backup.

Cousins had a team-high tio touchdowns and nine interceptions found in six games - his a number of action since he joined they as a fourth-round pick in 2012.

Using arrival of offseason workouts yesterday evening, Cousins, 26, and McCoy, in most cases, have both taken reps without. 2 .

Cousins, in comments for the Washington Post earlier this week, celebrity fad of his position on the unit:

"I think it's just my favorite job to put my head down, go on working and give them reason in order to me. And if they're not going to play me and my peers, then to give them reason to express, 'We're excited if this guy ever in the future does get in a game. ' Employing best chance I have to be successful: Deposit my head down keep working hard, bring a lot of things on tape that give these items reason to want to have me on the internet. "

Cousins would be a free can certainly help after this season, but declined to that into play.

"I've now have a lot of things to get done between sometimes, " he said. "If my favorite focus is on a year in now, it's going to be hard to be successful stuck between now and then. So I'm just attending focus on today, tomorrow and keep banking one foot in front of the other. Consider if I do that, I'm optimistic information about where things will go. "

Friends has been flying back to West Mich on weekends, Most recently he wonderful former high school teammates from 06\ took on the Holland Christian unit from 2008 in a touch hockey game to raise money for cause. Cousins' team lost 39-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment